• Investing out of $150M venture fund with four other investment professionals at Fremont Ventures in San Francisco, named as one of the top 10 venture capital firms for adding value to portfolio companies
• Working in large tech companies including Intel, Applied Materials and Advanced Micro Devices and directly with 3 Fortune 500 CEOs and their teams in strategic and operational capacities
• Leading business units from $0 to $100M
• Acquiring startups and integrating them into large publicly-traded corporations & leading company mergers and cross-functional dynamics
• Consulting across the semiconductor industry with McKinsey & Co. out of the San Francisco office
• Founding (512) Brewing Company, the largest draught only, self-distributing microbrewery in the United States
Sara is an active member of the entrepreneurial ecosystem to support gender diversity (e.g., founding investor in the Rising Tide Fund, advisor to DivInc, steering committee member of Women@Austin) in the consumer health and sustainable consumer sectors (e.g. advisor to Texas Health Catalyst at Dell Medical School, mentor for CleanTech Open, judge for Food+City) and as an active speaker and writer on the topic.
Sara holds a Ph.D. and M.S. in Green Design and Manufacturing, a minor in Public Health and Energy, and a Management of Technology Certification from UC Berkeley where she currently serves on the Mechanical Engineering Department’s External Advisory Board. Dr. Brand also holds a BS in Mechanical Engineering from UT Austin where she now serves on the Cockrell School of Engineering’s External Advisory Board and currently acts as Senior Advisor for Health IoT to UT’s new Dell Medical School to foster health technology innovations across industry, academia and community.